When to split clumps of Snow Drops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some clumps of snowdrops that I want to split. Wondering when is the best time to do this (I don’t mean 8 o’clock in the morning :) )
Thanks for any advice. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Here in Britain we tend to split them up while they're 'in the green'. That means when they have finished flowering but before the leaves die off. They will grow and produce flowers easier than leafless bulbs.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here in Britain we tend to split them up while they're 'in the green'. That means when they have finished flowering but before the leaves die off. They will grow and produce flowers easier than leafless bulbs.
Yes ..... and here we usually manage to do it before 8 o`clock don`t we Sheal :giggle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Have a ton of them. last year they started to surge up. I just dug a new hole with a shovel. and dug under a clump and moved them to the new hole. saw some more these past week surging up, I am going to just toss more soil on top of them, 2-3 inches or about.

Ask a Question