What's you're guide to trouble shooting plant issues?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
How do you figure out what's wrong with an unhappy plant?

I topped my money tree at the beginning of winter and it grew back but had very sparse growth so I trimmed it again at the end of last month hoping it would grow more branches. I can see new leaves coming through but they aren't growing fast at all and its taking forever. The tree looks sad and its not doing much. I can't figure out what's going on what it. It gets a proper amount of water, it is an indoor plant and I can ensure you that it's getting enough light because it's facing a window and its not in a closet. I kinda get upset looking at it. I replanted it when I trimmed it and its roots are super small, they look similar to the roots when I first got it at the beginning of fall. Nothing has changed with it. Is something wrong with it or does it need any special care to get it growing quicker?

I grew a mango tree mid summer and it was doing great until mid-fall when it started browning and the growth stopped, I figured it was the cold but now that its almost spring and the temperature is rising, it's not showing any new growth. Once again the roots haven't changed, they kinda look a bit black. I don't think it is root rot because I didn't water it often and mango trees love water, I thought it was fertilizer burn so I stopped giving it fertilizer and let it dry out a bit longer than usual. I've only watered it twice this month and there are still no signs of growth. I inspected it carefully and I can see that there are a couple swollen leaf nodes but they look like they stopped growing a while ago because they aren't very green and they just look sad.

I've made multiple post about my mango and nobody could help me find a solution to fix the problem I'm having with it. As for the money tree, it's not growing and has been looking sad for awhile, how do I make it grow big leafs and branches faster?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Pablo
I do not know, but it would be nice to see the photo. Perhaps the "plant-pot" ratio does not have the correct proportion.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Ask a Question