What's wrong with my herbs?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I am new here looking for some help. Just recently I picked up the hobby of growing herbs and vegetables hydroponically without an prior gardening experience. Recently I noticed that one type of my herbs has a interesting look to it.

Is anyone able to diagnose the issue here?

aL5FfEr.jpg

zDdhkZe.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-9
Country
United States
Your plant looks like it's pretty healthy other than the yellowed leaves, and all your other plants look good. Probably not an issue with nutrition or conditions. To me that looks viral. I would quarantine that plant asap, and email some photos to your local university extension service to confirm. If it is viral they'll likely recommend you toss the plant.

In the meantime, wash your hands between handling that plant and your other plants, and sterilize any tools you use on the plant in question with 10% bleach.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The odd thing is that it's only that type of herb and both of them are effected. Also, they are on opposite ends of my set-up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-9
Country
United States
The odd thing is that it's only that type of herb and both of them are effected. Also, they are on opposite ends of my set-up.

Did you get the two effected plants at the same time from the same nursery? If so it's very likely they came to you infected. Plus, not all plants are equally susceptible to all diseases. But like I said, an extension worker will be able to give you a legit diagnosis.

If you started from seed, some plant viruses can be seed transmitted.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what you have the consider when doing DWC hydro is 2 things 1 being the PH of the water and the other being the ppm now if your plants need a certian ph say 5.5 to 6.2 then optimal nute intake will be at them ranges but out of them ranges then you will get whats called nute lock out. but looking from that pics i would say is change the water and increase the ppm by 50ppm :) as the yellowing means there not getting enough food however the other bit where the leaf has gone funny i can't be sure of that but if your ph is not on point it may be causing that issue

Ask a Question