What's Inspire me to Start Gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
What's inspired me to start gardening? Three month ago, my wife and I went groceries shopping, we could not find some decent tomatoes at the stores. They were either rotten or soft as if someone has beaten them up. We went to 2 different stores, and the results were the same. So I told my wife, 'why don't we start our own garden?' We wasting money on Crap. I went to HD and get a raise bed, soils, compost, and seeds. I spent approximately $400. I was not quite happy about it because I felt like we just wanted $400. It was my fault because I should have planned and done some research before I jumped in head first. I started reading blogs and watch you tube videos. Then, I found this video from Larry Hall,
, on you tube. Since I found his video, I've been using his method to make raise bed instead of buying them from the store. I made 4 of them so far for less than $60. In addition, I am using the bottom of the bottle to grow seeds instead purchasing the green house tray at the store. I am trying planting seeds starting today. My first tray has: onions, bell pepper, and morning glory. I am keeping my fingers cross.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well you are certainly in a great climate for growing practically year around!

I have a much shorter growing season than you so I rarely start anything from seed - I buy starter plants and get them hardened and in the ground as soon as frost danger has past. I agree that for many types of vegetables what you can grow yourself tastes far superior to anything you can buy at grocery stores.

Reaction score
That sounds like such a wonderful motivation :) We often have that kind of problems here, plus tomatoes have only gotten more and more expensive. I've already talked about the possibility of growing several things once we move out, get a small greenhouse and so on :) We will do it as well =D

Kudos for the wonderful work ;) I hope you keep updating us. I'd like to see how it goes with your tomatoes.

Ask a Question