What's happening with my snow peas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm in Southeast Coastal Georgia and some of my snowpea vines are turning yellow/brown. Most of the plant seems healthy, vibrant and is producing snow peas. We've had temperatures in the 60s and nighttime in the 40-50s. Tonight is expected to hit 32 but the rest of the week's nighttime temps are above freezing. Here are some pictures:
snow pea I.JPG
snow pea II.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not being there it is difficult to say exactly what is wrong but it appears that the plants are staying too wet. Snap peas are very susceptible to too much or prolonged moisture and this usually shows as browning leaf margins which your plant does show. Cool weather slows down evaporation which is mainly how grow bags rid themselves of excess moisture. It may be of benefit to not water until the soil is completely dry to a depth of about 3 inches and then try to kill the root rot fungus with hydrogen peroxide mixed 50/50 with water and soak the root system. But if you have rain forecast don't do this as this will probably be way too much water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not being there it is difficult to say exactly what is wrong but it appears that the plants are staying too wet. Snap peas are very susceptible to too much or prolonged moisture and this usually shows as browning leaf margins which your plant does show. Cool weather slows down evaporation which is mainly how grow bags rid themselves of excess moisture. It may be of benefit to not water until the soil is completely dry to a depth of about 3 inches and then try to kill the root rot fungus with hydrogen peroxide mixed 50/50 with water and soak the root system. But if you have rain forecast don't do this as this will probably be way too much water.
Thanks. I'll cut back on watering and see how it goes.

Ask a Question