What would be your dream garden feature?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love lace but this is a little too much:p
I'd prefer to have a lovely birdhouse in my garden instead of a scarecrow:

pretty-birdhouse-in-garden.jpg

Reaction score
This outdoor hammock is over water. How would someone climb into this and what happens if they fall asleep and roll into the water?
I would imagine that if you can actually get into this hammock, the view must be lovely.

4f33fd5612a99f21c5cc115add1ae031.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA, thank you for sharing this picture, I love the hammock! It would be so lovely to lie there...sleeping could be dangerous though:p . But I'd lie there with a good book and with something delicious to eat, it would be heavenly:D . It looks so beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My dream garden feature would be a little stream that flows through the middle and has a little walk through bridge. I would have to have a very large yard and garden to pull that one off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Are you talking about something like this?:):

garden-bridge.jpg

I dream of having a small bridge in my garden too. I would spend a lot of time just looking at it and admiring it!:) I've always had a soft spot for bridges, rivers and brooks. There is something very romantic about them.

Reaction score
Wow those pictures are amazing! I have almost an acre of property and I would really love to landscape the entire perimeter of my backyard. In the shady areas close to my fence the grass does not grow as well so I would love a big rock border to create a bed and then plant lots of shade loving perennials. I think my yard would look more "finished" and beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I'd love to have an acre or more of land to create my own private botanical garden.

Reaction score
just looking back at this. depending on how the yard is made, maybe you could do it on a smaller scale.

like for me, living in kinda track housing, there's space on either side of my house (and also the detatched garage behind it) to walk back into the back yard. usually one side is the driveway coming up the side of the house, and the other side is grass. on the grass side maybe a similar tunnel like set up could be done. but like i said, it would depend on how your house sits on your property.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
This year I'm adding a trellis 7-7.5 feet tall and 25-30ft long so block out the neighbors. I cant build my fence that high but we arent limited on a height for plant supports. Will cover it with vining flowers and veggies. Basically making my own private secret garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
This year I'm adding a trellis 7-7.5 feet tall and 25-30ft long so block out the neighbors. I cant build my fence that high but we arent limited on a height for plant supports. Will cover it with vining flowers and veggies. Basically making my own private secret garden

We have a six foot fence height rule here, but there is no rule about building it on a berm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
ours have to be under 5 (which the guy in the picture laughs and can jump right over). No rules about supporting my plants though so I'll build my fortress that way

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would like at least a half acre to design the gardens I want. I do want a greenhouse and would like it to be attached to the side of the house. I have not decided how I want the rest of the garden to look yet.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Your dream gardens look so great, guys. As for me, I prefer one with a path that looks like it's leading me to heaven. If I could only make you sneak a peek in my imagination.

Ask a Question