see photo -

Attachments

• 20211219_085449.jpg
    20211219_085449.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is Purslane (Portulaca oleracea). It is native to southern Europe, Africa, Arabia, and southwestern Asia. It is a widespread, ruderal weed in warm seasons and warm climates, but it is also a popular leaf vegetable, adding its mild taste and crunchy texture to garden salads and other dishes. People often find it growing in their summer vegetable gardens. When they know what it is, some choose to harvest it as an accessory crop.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is Purslane (Portulaca oleracea). It is native to southern Europe, Africa, Arabia, and southwestern Asia. It is a widespread, ruderal weed in warm seasons and warm climates, but it is also a popular leaf vegetable, adding its mild taste and crunchy texture to garden salads and other dishes. People often find it growing in their summer vegetable gardens. When they know what it is, some choose to harvest it as an accessory crop.
Thank you - oh my god -when I google for images - I see so many different type of flowers on them - do all of these flower ? or only some ??

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are ornamental Portulaca with large, showy flowers in various colors (P. grandiflora, P. umbraticola), but the the Common Purslane (P. oleracea) will have small, yellow flowers.
Overall, there are a number of interesting Portulaca species, including several Australian endemics.
Another particularly nice one is the succulent Portulaca molokiniensis from Hawaii, which grows well in tropical or sunny indoor situations.

Ask a Question