What tree is this?

Reaction score
This tree grows about 15-20 feet in height. Around December it is covered with little white flakes which smells mild and heavenly. Can someone tell me what it is called?

christmas-snow-flakes.jpg

Reaction score
Is this a quiz, or you really don't know:)?? I'm thinking maybe it could be a fringe tree, not because I know anything about them, because my first thought was a magnolia tree, just because you mentioned it having a fragrance, plus with the white flowers, but magnolias might not even look like this.

But anyway, I googled "trees with white flowers" to see what I came up with. A picture with the caption "fringe tree" came up (among several other pics). It looks similar to this, so that is why I'm guessing fringe. That's why I asked if this is a quiz because then looking it up online is cheating:oops:.

The more I look at both pictures though, upon close inspection, they are not really all that similar. So, I said all that to say, in answer to your question what tree is this, my answer is, honestly I have no ideao_O:). Beautiful picture though. The colors are stunning.

Reaction score
Is this a quiz, or you really don't know:)?? I'm thinking maybe it could be a fringe tree, not because I know anything about them, because my first thought was a magnolia tree, just because you mentioned it having a fragrance, plus with the white flowers, but magnolias might not even look like this.

But anyway, I googled "trees with white flowers" to see what I came up with. A picture with the caption "fringe tree" came up (among several other pics). It looks similar to this, so that is why I'm guessing fringe. That's why I asked if this is a quiz because then looking it up online is cheating:oops:.

The more I look at both pictures though, upon close inspection, they are not really all that similar. So, I said all that to say, in answer to your question what tree is this, my answer is, honestly I have no ideao_O:). Beautiful picture though. The colors are stunning.

No, this isn't a quiz. I bought this bush on a whim and did not even know its name. It is not magnolia these flakes are just 1cm in length and 3mm broad at the most. The fragrance captivates me,. I just pull up a chair and sit near this bush when it is in bloom.
This looks like the fringe tree from a distance but is not that, I am sure about it. The these bracts are like flakes a little longish and make a neat bed under the tree.
Thanks for taking the time to find this out for me. I appreciate the effort. Have a great day.

Reaction score
@ flourishes and Amalia, I just figured out the name of this tree... it is called white laced Euphorbia. I was in the nursery today and asked the assistant to find out the name of this plant for me... Thanks for being helpful.

Ask a Question