Not exactly a casual chat topic but, I don't see anywhere else this topic would fit here. It has been absolutely driving me crazy lately to have people in my house who don't wash their hands after touching unsanitary surfaces. An all too common example is someone who will take a No. 1, and then not bother to wash their hands after flushing. What is so hard to understand about the fact that the toilet handle is covered with an untold number of germs at any given time? This is a pet peeve of mine. Another problem this creates is that I am forced to disinfect surfaces around the home even more frequently than I normally would need to around people who have as good a sanitary habits as I do -- this forces me to go through my sanitizer and disinfectant supplies like nobody's business. It puts me in a tough spot where I become the guy's parents in their mind for nagging them about it when I shouldn't even need to. I'm actually unsure how to go about it without potentially starting a fight for being the hygiene police. People should wash their hands after touching any dirty surfaces regardless of whether the danger comes from COVID or any other type of germ. I'm really getting sick of this kind of inconsiderate and uncivilized behavior. This is becoming insufferable!
- After someone has interacted with the toilet in any way, whether it's to pee or poop, to open the lid to spit out their mouthwash into the toilet bowl, or any other activity, they are supposed to wash their hands immediately after!
- After merely even touching anything inside the meat drawer of the fridge, or even the meat drawer itself, you are supposed to wash your hands!
- After handling the garbage to get it out to the curb for trash day, you're supposed to wash your hands!
- If someone picks up some tomatoes from their garden that had made contact with the ground, that person should wash their hands!
- When someone retrieves their mobile trashcan from their front yard after a pickup, they are supposed to wash their hands!
- When someone retrieves their recycling bin from their front yard after a pickup, they are supposed to wash their hands!