What should i do with my flowering plum for winter?

Reaction score
I bought a flowering plum tree 2 years ago on clearance at Home Depot for $25. It had no care tag when I bought it. Dh and I have never planted a tree so we looked online and figured out what to do. That's really all we've done to it since we bought it. It did survive last winter, so we must have done something right. Is there anything we are supposed to do with this tree for a winter in WI? I guess I should have thought about this months ago since it's already December and we will be getting our first snow this weekend.

Reaction score
We have a flowering plum of our own, I love the plum colored leaves, it is an easy way to add some color to your garden.In winter I just leave him to settle till next season. They are quite tough and can stand the cold pretty well. When it is pruning time I prune it a bit to give it a nice shape. They seem to bloom better as well after a good pruning. It is just sad that their flowers doesn't last too long. it would have been great to have flowers the whole season. But we can not change nature can we?

Ask a Question