What plant is this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've tried researching this, but so far I've found absolutely nothing. I don't even know if it's a bush or what.

IMG_2055.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG
Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 6.10.48 PM.png

Thank you!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, and I figured it out. The species of the plant is pseuderanthemum carruthersii var. carruthersii, also called pseuderanthemum reticulatum, pseuderanthemum carruthersii var. reticulatum, Golden Eldorado, or the Golden Net-Bush.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Golden Net-bush or El Dorado is now classified as Pseuderanthemum maculatum, though the now-synonymous names of
P. carruthersii and P. reticulatum are still more commonly used in horticulture. This attractive member of the Acanthus Family (Acanthaceae), with pink and white flowers and bright yellow, young foliage, is native to Vanuatu and the Solomon Islands.
It also has a number of common names In addition to those already listed it is also commonly known as Golden or Carruther's False-face and Yellow-veined Pseuderanthemum.

Ask a Question