What online Plant Nurseries, have you used successfully?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Over the years of searching for the unusual plants I have run across two top ones I would use faithfully.
Heronswood out of Washington State, has unique plants that have stood the test of time, packing and shipping done well. Herronswood is great for unique hydrangeas of which I sport 13 species of them on my property. About 10 years ago, I was able to actually visit Herronswood, such a treasure of a place.
The other one is ForestFarm they are in William, Or. also so very pleased with the plants when they arrive, they hardly look like they were stressed in the shipping process.
The unique thing of both catalogs is there are not pictures, great descriptions, good info as far as zone, height, when blooming, adult size, etc. On line there are the pics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks for making this thread Esther. I will certainly check out those sites. I use Joycreek out of Oregon. I have not been able to find a nursery in the states that has such a large selection of fuchsias. The price is crazy cheap..$5 a plant! They come in perfect condition every time. The site is a bit basic but easy to use. The best thing is you can send an email not only with questions about what they are selling, but questions in general about plants and the owner will respond usually in 24 hours. Best customer service ever!

http://www.joycreek.com/

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Prairie Moon Nursery is by far my favorite, though I've never bought their bare root plants, I've gotten many seeds from them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius : I'm pretty stoked about Forestfarm nursery you recommended. I plan on moving on focusing on trying camellias next year and they have a great selection. Also, they actually sell dwarf tea trees (which I have two grown from seed) which tells me they have a great selection of rares. Thanks tons!!

@JBtheExplorer : I will spend a couple hours just going through the list of seeds for sale at prairie moon nursery..awesome!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius : I'm pretty stoked about Forestfarm nursery you recommended. I plan on moving on focusing on trying camellias next year and they have a great selection. Also, they actually sell dwarf tea trees (which I have two grown from seed) which tells me they have a great selection of rares. Thanks tons!!

glad to have helped. Without reservation they are highly recommended. Their plants never failed me, and are still doing well.

Ask a Question