What native vine attracts the most pollinators. North Mississippi zone 7b.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What native vine attracts the most pollinators. I want to grow a vine on my arbor. North Mississippi zone 7b. Thank you!

Attachments

• 146443652_3696537313787116_2713476533118671719_n.jpg
    146443652_3696537313787116_2713476533118671719_n.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Country
United States
I would recommend different types of jasmine and honeysuckle.
I think coral honeysuckle is native to my area. Does it attract the most pollinators?? There are keystone species. Species of plants that feed more insects than others. I'm trying to plant native plants that will feed the greatest number of insects! I want to have plenty of larva for the baby birds!

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
I think coral honeysuckle is native to my area. Does it attract the most pollinators?? There are keystone species. Species of plants that feed more insects than others. I'm trying to plant native plants that will feed the greatest number of insects! I want to have plenty of larva for the baby birds!
Yes. The honeysuckle brings in butterflies, moths, bees, and birds to include hummingbirds.
There will be a time that every plant is at its prime in flower production or attraction.
A recommendation would be to plant a mixture of plants throughout your garden that reach prime bloom at different times to continuously draw the bugs and birds. Maybe one vine started on one side and something different on the other side.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes. The honeysuckle brings in butterflies, moths, bees, and birds to include hummingbirds.
There will be a time that every plant is at its prime in flower production or attraction.
A recommendation would be to plant a mixture of plants throughout your garden that reach prime bloom at different times to continuously draw the bugs and birds. Maybe one vine started on one side and something different on the other side.
Yes, I think I'll plant the coral honeysuckle on the arbor and I will also plant passion flower vine.

Ask a Question