What lock down ?

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Ive been told this lock down has caused all sorts of problems because people have nothing to do !!!!
I found gardening as a hobby many years ago and to be honest now ive retired i cant help but think when did i have time to go to work?

Gardening is a never ending hobby and one that can help you to live an active life and eat fresh food that you know how its grown,
Even little things like picking a basket full of broad beans can feel so nice knowing they've been home grown and more are to come, (Guess who's having broad beans with dinner tonight?)

Ive grown some lettuce in the flower bed next to the lupins and do you know what "they really do look a picture" it was an idea i got from a picture i came across last year at a french car boot sale, it was a picture of how the country gardener wasted no space Every inch was used and so lettuce, broad bean, toms, beet root have all been planted in the flower border this year just to try and bring back the old cottage garden look "And it's working"
If i was asked what bit of kit for the garden is a must have,
"I'd say a note book and pencil to be carried at all times just so you can write down as the day's comings and goings happen and you can write down all the jobs that need doing both for fine weather days and those wet days we're the inside work can be done,

Lockdown !!!!!!!!!!!!! what lock down?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a wonderful read!
Sounds like you have a great zest for gardening and experimenting; both perfect partners.
Congratulations on your "cottage garden" experiments and thank you for the tip re notebook and pen(cil).
It's great to read that "lock down" is having a positive effect on your world.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
peace perfect
I too am retired and find it pretty easy to social distance and abide by the rules, I'm not anti social but I can be quite content sitting alone
in my greenhouse with a coffee or in the shop contemplating my next project or just sitting in the garden shed with a cold beer on a warm spring afternoon, Both my spouse and i have been retired going on 3 years and both have enough hobbies to keep us pretty busy. As you say there is something gratifying to growing what you can actually eat and watching your gardens/ seasons unfold in your backyard. We here in Canada are just starting to open up a little more, I think slow, easy and still keeping vigilante
is the key, Hoping you are all staying safe and healthy

Ask a Question