What kind of plant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me what kind of plant this is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 273
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
My guess would be that it's a dieffenbachia, though I'm not a houseplant expert. It's what it looks like to me based on your picture.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Yup that would be a very spindly dieffenbachia or Dumb cane as it is sometimes called. It looks like it has had some sort of issue, I ended up with a houseplant that looked like that because it had not been getting enough water. Normally it should look more compact like this. Try some good soil and enough water, If I recall on the one I had I cut that stalk part and ended up with two plants, I just buried portions of the stalk in the soil. Keep it wet but well drained, it does not like to sit in water

Defenbackia-Dumb-Cane.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Yup that would be a very spindly dieffenbachia or Dumb cane as it is sometimes called. It looks like it has had some sort of issue, I ended up with a houseplant that looked like that because it had not been getting enough water. Normally it should look more compact like this. Try some good soil and enough water, If I recall on the one I had I cut that stalk part and ended up with two plants, I just buried portions of the stalk in the soil. Keep it wet but well drained, it does not like to sit in water

Defenbackia-Dumb-Cane.jpg
I noticed it too. This is one of the easiest plants to grow.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't get the sap anywhere near your mouth, it's called Dumb Cane for a reason

Ask a Question