What kind of citrus tree is this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
it has thorny stems and the stems start close to the ground. the leaves aren’t entirely smooth, they have some serration, but very tiny. the fruit isnt fully ripe, but currently it’s the size of a baseball and very dark green. the color of the leaves is light green (maybe color of celery?) with a little yellow (probably just because we leave it there). it’s very tall, maybe 11 feet? (sorry for my bad description, it’s my first time here and i don’t know if i can post photos or anything).

Reaction score
Country
United States
it has thorny stems and the stems start close to the ground. the leaves aren’t entirely smooth, they have some serration, but very tiny. the fruit isnt fully ripe, but currently it’s the size of a baseball and very dark green. the color of the leaves is light green (maybe color of celery?) with a little yellow (probably just because we leave it there). it’s very tall, maybe 11 feet? (sorry for my bad description, it’s my first time here and i don’t know if i can post photos or anything).
here’s some
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is impossible to say exactly what your tree is. It is probably a grapefruit. Your tree worries me a lot. It is in very poor health. I really hope it is just a nutritional problem. Nutritional care of a citrus tree is easy, all you do is feed it. In your trees case it is severely lacking in both micro-nutrients and macro-nutrients. The color of the leaves aren't even close to what they should be. They should be a dark glossy green and not a mottled light green with mostly yellow margins and tips. Get a good Organic fertilizer such as Espoma, Fox Farm, Dr Earth etc AND a product called Liquid Iron and use as directed. Bonide makes a good one called Bonide Liquid Iron Concentrate. Also sprinkle 2 or 3 cups of Epsom Salts around the base of the plant and out to the drip line. Having said all of this let met get to what really bothers me about this tree. There is a fairly new disease that has been found in Calif. called Citrus Greening or Huanglongbing Disease. It is spread by an insect called the Asian Citrus Psyllid. It has no cure. Your tree hopefully does not have this disease but many of the leaves show symptoms of what this disease looks like. Thankfully or not, this disease greatly resembles nutritionally deprived chlorotic citrus trees. This is a very dangerous disease and is greatly affecting all citrus crops in Calif. If I were you I would get in touch with the local agricultural authorities and have them inspect the tree.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like a sweet lime/Lemon tree. If its peels are thick then it's not the kind of lemon.

Ask a Question