What kind of citrus is this ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Hi,

I have this tree in my backyard. I can't figure out if its an orange or some kind of sweet lime (I've see a kind in India thats a lime but quite sweet). Its too sour for an orange and too sweet for a lime. The fruits take a long time to get to yellow. I don't know if thats how its meant to be sweet/sour or its just an orange tree thats somehow not producing sweet fruit and needs to be fixed. I see some leave curling and dead branches so there could be aphids or scale bugs that I might need to take care of.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Norm
20161221_094646.jpg 20161221_094705.jpg 20161221_094752.jpg 20161221_143816.jpg 20161221_094735.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The taste doesnt of the fruit doesnt any hint of the bitterness of grapefruit. It tastes like oranges that are sour. I did check to see if there was a possibility of the fruit growing on a stem off a rootstock which could well be sour oranges, but its not, its on the main tree. Could this be Calamondin maybe ?

Man, I got 3 orange trees in this place I've moved into, 2 have sour fruit, one is a large tree whose fruit isnt sweet anymore, watered down flavor (which people have suggested remedies for), hate seeing things in this shape. I'm gonna work on fixing them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a quick look around on the internet could they be Citrus 'Aurantium'? These oranges are grown for their peel for use as marmalade or in baking.

Ask a Question