What kind of camera are you using ?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I was just curious what kind of camera everyone was using? What are your thoughts on the model that you own ?

I myself will be purchasing a Canon T3i in the next few weeks. I was deciding between the Canon T3, Canon T3i and the Nikon D3100. Luckily I have four brothers who between all of them, own each of the cameras just mentioned, so I have had the chance to play around with each model.

One of the deciding factors for me in choosing to go with the T3i over the T3 is that the T3i can film in 24p as opposed to the 25p and 30p options that the T3 offers. The ability to film in 24p is essential for me because I can get that "film look" when filming in 24p.

I am very excited to purchase the T3i. I'll be sure to post some pictures soon.

I look forward to hearing about your camera choices and reviews.

Regards,
Kiarnan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ18, although I'd love to upgrade to a full DSLR! You are very lucky to be able to try before you buy, I look forward to seeing your photos after you've got your new T3i :)

Reaction score
I am using the Nikon D3100 with the kit lens. I am not yet satisfied with the shots I got with my flowers. I am going to try shooting them with a 35mm. I'll post pics as soon I'm done. :)

Reaction score
I bought a Nikon D3200 recently. Choose it mainly because of the high pixel number as I want to do macro flower pictures. Now I find the RAW files will not send from iPhoto to Photoshop 10. Has anyone else come across this - & what to do about it? The old D40 doesn't have this problem. Thanks.

Reaction score
Bought my first DSLR camera a couple of month’s back I got the cannon 650d, I think it’s known as the Canon T4i in the USA. I am loving it, must admit I didn’t know that there is so much to learn, at the moment I am reading books by a guy called Scott Kelby called “The Digital Photography Book” there are four in the series and it is really helping me get to terms with the high learning curve!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Unfortunately, I have only my cell phone camera which isn't very good. This is why I don't post my pictures too often - they're always so small and blurry. Many of you probably saw my pictures of roses in miniature roses thread so you know what I'm talking about. I feel that I really should save some money and buy a decent camera.

Reaction score
I don't have anything fancy, just a Nikon Coolpix, but I'm grateful just to have a working camera because I was without a camera for a while when my last one broke.
I still have to read the manual to it because supposedly I can take low light photos but I haven't figured out how.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I have a Canon 7D and a small selection of lenses. However I'm small and find it rather heavy to carry around, so I recently bought an Olympus E-PL1, which is a mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses. Aside from the lack of an optical viewfinder, it's pretty close to being a mini DSLR. Both the camera and lenses are much smaller and lighter and the image quality is still pretty good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Up until a couple of months ago, I was using a Canon ELPH300 point and shoot. I found a great deal on a Canon T3i and love it. I was always happy with my point and shoot as the quality and amount of different settings were really good but I like the fact that I can buy different lenses for my dslr . Of course I will have to save my money to do that but for now it is fun learning all about it.

Ask a Question