What is this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
For years I've called these windflowers, but this year I found out they aren't. :( I hope someone knows what they are.
steps 2016 003.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've got something similar

DSCI0619.JPG

According to @Silver surfer mines an Allium moly, but your flowers look smaller

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the help! I found them in the Allium family and they were called susansflowers.. When I Googled that name, all I got were "Susans" Flower shops! At least now I have a name to start with. :)

GOT IT!!! Allium moly Jeannine!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Ok, @cheryl , now here is the next challenge for you. As you said, For years you called it wind flowers. "YEARS". ok, and I looked at them, they could do with some separating. So that is digging way down, and finding their bulbs. yes they are bulbs. Now you can do it with the green still on. the green gives them energy for next fall. Ok, so when you relocate, find a similar light area that they seem to like there. note their height, and time of blooming so you can have some connection to any other flowers around where you plant them . The bulbs will be on the small side, I am thinking size of your thumb, and that is normal. So you want to plant them back the same depth that they are found in now, so be aware of that as your working on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ambrose A. Dale

Latest Threads