What is this tool....? Who likes a puzzle?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm unable to attach a pic, so I'll have to describe it.....please bear with me!

Imagine it's standing vertically, in front of you, as you face the paddle at the top, square on:

1.5m long wooden handle
At the end (top) imagine a perfectly flat metal plate, about 200mm wide x 150mm high which is mounted to the centre of the pole tip so that the whole thing looks like a (long handled) tiny paddle.

Here's the twist....

Still facing the paddle, imagine it's now been cut along so that almost half of it is missing as follows.....the cut looks like an off-centre, perfect radius, anti-clockwise, starting left to right, which starts in line with the left of the pole where it meets the square edge of the paddle, cutting towards the centre-line (in relation to the handle) to the other side of the 'right edge pole line', then back, stopping two pole widths left of centre line.....

Then, a sharp cut north-east of this point up to almost the centre line, and right to the top edge of the paddle. So the whole 'left side' is almost missing. The full length of this cut has a sharp edge (the flat edge being on the back face).

So, it almost looks like a fat sickle. To me it looks like the outline of a number '6' (with a fat bottom circle and short stalk).

I know, it's not the best description, but I'd love to know what you think. I searched high and low online for images, but found nothing.

Thank you to anyone who may take the time to read!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I just found this thread. I did respond on your other thread with the image of the tool.

Ask a Question