What is this plant?

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
I have had this plant for a long time without knowing its name. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_9181.JPG
    IMG_9181.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 240
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It`s a sedum Moh, and it doesn`t look too happy in those little pots. Can you put it in a nice wide pot, or in the ground ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
images
There are lots of different sedums, and they make good ground cover :)

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
It`s a sedum Moh, and it doesn`t look too happy in those little pots. Can you put it in a nice wide pot, or in the ground ?
Thanks a lot. Oh really? But I am a bit scared of repotting it because whenever I touch it some parts break and then I have to put into a new pot :-D. Now, I have 6 of them. I think repotting them is going to be very tricky. Do you know how much water it needs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moh, find a nice shallow pot - something like this...
images

Use some compost with plenty of grit in it, to make sure it is free draining. The sedum will break when you move it, but each little bit that lays on top of the compost will root and spread, so don`t worry about that. These plants really don`t need much looking after. When you have popped your plants in, firm them down a bit, and give them a good watering. That`s it! You can forget the watering for a good while, just a drop now and then if it gets really really dry.
If you start off with a nice big pot, you will be able to add more, different varieties as you find them. See if your friends have any, you only need to pinch a tiny bit, push it in the compost, sit back and watch it grow.
Have fun :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DSC00055.JPG

There are sedums mixed in this raised wall Moh, and ajuga and thyme. The archway was demolished in the gales - that was last year, and it`s not such a mess now.

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Moh, find a nice shallow pot - something like this...
images

Use some compost with plenty of grit in it, to make sure it is free draining. The sedum will break when you move it, but each little bit that lays on top of the compost will root and spread, so don`t worry about that. These plants really don`t need much looking after. When you have popped your plants in, firm them down a bit, and give them a good watering. That`s it! You can forget the watering for a good while, just a drop now and then if it gets really really dry.
If you start off with a nice big pot, you will be able to add more, different varieties as you find them. See if your friends have any, you only need to pinch a tiny bit, push it in the compost, sit back and watch it grow.
Have fun :)
Great. Okay, I will do as you said.
Exactly, I realized how fast they spread. even the leaf fell once and after a while I realized it is becoming a new plant! really amazed me! Unfortunately, none of my friends have plants, lol. We are all computer scientists :-D.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is a better life being a gardener I think. Maybe you could persuade your friends too. Computers are ok, but not to be in front of all the time....there is more to life - as you will find out with your sedums. I can live without a computer, but not without a garden....no laughing matter :confused:

As an afterthought, could you take a photo of your completed project do you think, so we can see how it`s coming on ?

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
It is a better life being a gardener I think. Maybe you could persuade your friends too. Computers are ok, but not to be in front of all the time....there is more to life - as you will find out with your sedums. I can live without a computer, but not without a garden....no laughing matter :confused:

As an afterthought, could you take a photo of your completed project do you think, so we can see how it`s coming on ?
I can easily understand that. You know, the first thing I do when I arrive home is check all my plants. They matter a lot to me. I wish I could encourage others as well, but these computer nerds are very strange, you never want to talk to them ;-).

You mean my sedum project or my mini-balcony-garden project? :-D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ha ha, go mad and send pictures of all your projects.....if you`re not sure how to do it, you could always ask a nerd :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Ha ha, go mad and send pictures of all your projects.....if you`re not sure how to do it, you could always ask a nerd :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Here I am. Finally managed to take picture of my babies. Take a look. Still too lazy to repot the sedums :))
DSC_0289.jpg
DSC_0290.jpg
DSC_0294.jpg
DSC_0297.jpg
DSC_0298.jpg
DSC_0299.jpg
DSC_0301.jpg
DSC_0302.jpg
DSC_0303.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3350.jpg
    IMG_3350.jpg