What is this? Good or bad?

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI
I am new to this. Today I saw this wiggly thing in soil in my lettuce garden when I dug up some roots. There were literally hundreds of them. Its about 1/4 inch long, white, thin and wiggling.
What is this? Baby earthworm? Some kind of pest?
Please see attached image. I also have a link of movie in YouTube.

Thank you
JmKm

Attachments

• 20200509_153440.jpg
    20200509_153440.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 134
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not entirely sure, but it looks like pot worms. do you use compost in your garden? they tend to show up there. they're not necessarily bad, but too many may eventually become a problem. hope that helps!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not entirely sure, but it looks like pot worms. do you use compost in your garden? they tend to show up there. they're not necessarily bad, but too many may eventually become a problem. hope that helps!
Great! Thank you. Yes we used compost so that's where it must have come from.
So I suppose it is not harmful for vegetables or if human accidentally invests it?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great! Thank you. Yes we used compost so that's where it must have come from.
So I suppose it is not harmful for vegetables or if human accidentally invests it?
from the little I know, they aren't harmful to the vegetable. however, I have no idea what would happen if someone were to accidentally ingest it. I wouldn't recommend eating worms of any kind to anyone :yuck: LOL

Ask a Question