What is this bug?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all

I have a Snackabelle Red Pepper plant that has been doing rather poor since transplant from store. It is the only plant out of 20 or so that we transplanted that day. We also have noticed a pest on the plant and I need help to identify and eliminate!

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy
IMG_0948.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi all

I have a Snackabelle Red Pepper plant that has been doing rather poor since transplant from store. It is the only plant out of 20 or so that we transplanted that day. We also have noticed a pest on the plant and I need help to identify and eliminate!

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy
View attachment 64887
Aphids. Use either Safer Soap or a spinosad based insecticide or Spinosad Soap. You can wash them off with a heavy stream of water but that won't give you a cure as they will be back.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aphids. Use either Safer Soap or a spinosad based insecticide or Spinosad Soap. You can wash them off with a heavy stream of water but that won't give you a cure as they will be back.
Thanks Chuck!

Ask a Question