What is the best Strawberry for eating and freezing

Reaction score
I would like to plant Strawberries and would like to know which strawberry is the best eating and freezing?
I live in Ohio

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard good things about Hapil, but I've not tried it myself so can't comment from personal experience. It's meant to give a good yield of very sweet berries :)

Reaction score
I would suggest avoiding the everbearing varieties as I don't the berries are as high quality. Stick to the basic June bearing varieties - your local garden center will be able to give you some guidance as to what is best in your area. Just make sure to cut all the runners off until after the fruit is done. Then you probably want to let one per plant grow (if you have the space) to ensure you have a continuous supply of plants in the future.

Strawberries do not freeze well as they tend to become rubbery after you thaw them. Enjoy them while they are fresh but you might be better off making jam with the surplus. If you like smoothies, then freezing is fine.

Ask a Question