What is everyone's thoughts on succulents?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally really like the different shapes and colors available. I started looking at succulents a few years ago and quickly was growing a number of them.

My enchantment quickly waned as I began to realize how slow they grow. The problem is not necessarily that they grow slow, it is that I can't ever find an assortment I am happy with. I find it almost impossible to put 4 to 7 succulents together in an arrangement I am happy with. Over time summer after summer my succulents look barren in the pots they are planted in.

I am sure succulents are perfect for people with limited space as they do grow and very fast for a few months a year. I just cant keep any pots long enough for them to look good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never tried to grow succulents, but I love looking at them:) They're so very unique and different from plants that I see in my area. They're interesting. But the truth is that I prefer my lovely miniature roses:)

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Succulents are easy to grow partly due to the fact that they are drought resistant and grow relatively fast. I have grown various succulents most of which are exotic and I don't know their botanical names. They are also pest resistant or may be pests don't find them appealing because they grow with few blemishes from pest attacks. Succulents are resilient plants and can even be grown indoors and most are vegetatively propagated. I look forward to reignite my interest in cacti since there was a time I was a cactus enthusiast during my college days.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Yes, I like the fact that they need almost no attention and they're kind of cool.

Ask a Question