What I am doing wrong with my Avocado sapling?

Reaction score
Country
Israel
My avocado sapling doesn't look good at all, his state is just getting worse and worse.
I give him water just when the soil is dry (which is once in a few days, like 250ml of water I believe)
He gets like 6 hours of indirect sunlight and 9 hours of LED light (Red+Blue)
What can be the cause? I tried to not use the LED to see if he gets to much sunlight but again, it gets worse

Attachments

• 3dc8fd4f-d8e7-4b62-a04e-2826ab05f58b.jpeg
    3dc8fd4f-d8e7-4b62-a04e-2826ab05f58b.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Too much direct sunlight can possibly damage an avocado sapling, but not enough direct sunlight is even worse. 6 hours of direct sunlight is the absolute minimum an avocado can grow in. If it were my plant I would start slowly increasing the amount of direct sunlight. Go to 7 hours per day for a week and then go to 8 hours per day and keep increasing the sunlight. Your plant is very leggy and this is a sure sign of not enough light.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If it is full-spectrum and as bright as you can stand for 8 hours or more per day. Lack of light and low humidity are the most common problem with Avocados indoors.

Reaction score
Country
Israel
If I will put it that way, is it ok?
The very indirect sunlight seems to be stronger than the LEDs so it seems that they do nothing.
Is the plant should stay in this way? Or should I get the lamps closer so the light will be more intense?

Attachments

• 90a029da-6e07-497f-9462-cf7f125473cd.jpeg
    90a029da-6e07-497f-9462-cf7f125473cd.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Your plant will not be OK. Its condition will become worse as the plant tries to grow. An avocado plants leaves are supposed to be a dark glossy green. Yours is a pale yellowish green now, very sparse of foliage and it is leggy. As the plant grows larger the leaves will become yellow and fall off. New leaves will become yellow sooner and the trunk of the tree will stay very small in diameter. If you want a healthy plant you must give it more light, whether by moving the lights you have much closer, by adding more lights or moving the plant outside it must be done.

Ask a Question