What does your garden look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Prairie Smoke is starting to produce buds.

IMG_6097 copy.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Rained again last night. I am getting in one garden section and taking out some ground cover to toss in trash. it was my mistake, hope I can get most of it. soil nice and wet. roots shallow. I think its a forever chore for me each year to just dig out and toss.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We've not had a lot of luck with the azaleas which I bought to hide the big tub in the miiddle bed. The idea is that we can change one tub for another with something else in it, if we choose

I'd wanted it surrounded with the same variety of azaleas but couldn't get four the same, so the one at the back though a similar color flowers a month later than the others. The wires are to gently to persduade them to grow upwards rather than outwards.

P1040046.JPG

Then early this year the one on the left died and I was only able to get two similar small ones to replace it.

P1050108.JPG

Then later the one at the back up and died on me! They've never been short of water.

Couldn't find any acers for love nor money at either local garden centres.
So I bought a totally different one on eBay that arrived today.

P1050312.JPG

I've spaced out the two I bought earlier to fill the gaps.

P1050314.JPG

I'm encouraging with a wire, the one on the left to grow towards the new one to fill this gap. I'll try to get the new one to spread to the left as it grows.

P1050313.JPG

I gave them all some root booster and some more soil and compost mix and a good watering.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question