What deficiency is this okra experiencing?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 55 gallon aquarium with a ton of convict cichlid in it (I started with just a few but they multiply like crazy). So I've got a couple of okra plants sitting in it. I recently added a couple pepper plants.

But look at the shots of these okra plants. What deficiency does that look like to you? Nitrogen I would guess? But with so many fish that I feed twice a day, and just 4 plants (and this was occurring even before I added the pepper plants, so really with just 2 plants), I would have thought the plants could not keep up eating the nitrogen the fish put out.

What you think?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20230312_113531 (1).jpg
    20230312_113531 (1).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is not a nitrogen deficiency. It is either an iron or a magnesium deficiency which are trace minerals and this is evidenced by the yellow leaves with green veins.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a 55 gallon aquarium with a ton of convict cichlid in it (I started with just a few but they multiply like crazy). So I've got a couple of okra plants sitting in it. I recently added a couple pepper plants.

You have okra and pepper plants sitting in aquarium water or are you watering with the aquarium water?

The pH of the water is probably too high. My blueberries look like that when the pH gets high. Check the waters pH level.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You have okra and pepper plants sitting in aquarium water or are you watering with the aquarium water?

The pH of the water is probably too high. My blueberries look like that when the pH gets high. Check the waters pH level.

Okra can be grown hydroponically but the nutritional requirements for okra could be fatal to fish. I have never heard of growing any vegetable alongside fish with the exception of walking catfish in rice paddies in Viet Nam, but then, is rice a vegetable?

Ask a Question