What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Another sure-fire smile cause is the cats--

Aren't they funny?! (y) You reminded me... This summer, I had set a 5 gallon bucket out to collect rainwater. It had about two inches of rain in it. Squirrel decided that the bucket looked enough like a box - she jumped in the bucket, and just sat there!! :confused: :ROFLMAO:

This is an old picture, Pretty Girl has been gone more than a year now. :(

She always made me laugh. This time, I was bagging shreds from the paper shredder, and left for a moment to go to the bathroom. This is what I found when I came back.

"You can't see me."

0323022200.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Love the oragutan video MaryMary. Laughter is sooooo contagious :LOL:.
A few things have made me smile today. My cat Polly curled up asleep on the couch, a king parrot I feed asking for his supper. He struts along the railing as I get the seed and struts back again to the feeder. My lovely old dog Max who is unfortunately failing. He sleeps in the loungeroom most of the time, coming out for meals and toilet stops or when he hears visitors. He went out at 11 p.m. and has just come out again at 4 am, twice, he obviously hadn't finished so out we went again. Walking is hard work for him so he's a very good old boy. Love him dearly and dreading what I know is coming but the pleasure and happiness he gives makes everything worthwhile. Sam, 14 year old cat who can't jump any more but manages to clamber up onto the couch next to me whilst i sit on my verandah. He's just discovered caramelised fig yoghurt....mine;).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Aren't they funny?! (y) You reminded me... This summer, I had set a 5 gallon bucket out to collect rainwater. It had about two inches of rain in it. Squirrel decided that the bucket looked enough like a box - she jumped in the bucket, and just sat there!! :confused: :ROFLMAO:

This is an old picture, Pretty Girl has been gone more than a year

She always made me laugh. This time, I was bagging shreds from the paper shredder, and left for a moment to go to the bathroom. This is what I found when I came back.

"You can't see me."

View attachment 29238
Great minds think alike

This is an old picture, Pretty Girl has been gone more than a year now. :(

"You can't see me."

View attachment 29238
rps20171106_043526.jpg
rps20171106_043323.jpg
Great minds think alike hey:). They do make you laugh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My great niece, 20 months old, made me smile today :)
Nice thread Upsy....let's keep this thread going, shall we? (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Aah I bet she did @Verdun ......melt the cockles of your heart don't they! Working with young children myself I find it impossible NOT to smile when enjoying their company :):)

Lots of input needed but we WILL keep sharing smiles around the world(y)(y)(y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I just thought of another thing that makes me happy--Zigs' posts of old churches, pubs, village lanes. I enjoyed visiting England so much, and his pictures bring back such happy memories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Now.....this may be a tad sad .......but I can guarantee the love that comes pouring out it WILL make you smile .

My sister has just showed it to me....so I will share with you.

Sadly I'm not good with tech stuff so can't do links....but just look for.... 60 yr old dying chimp recognizes old keeper.... their mutual love is sooooo beautiful :):)

Ask a Question