What color peppers do plants produce?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I planted pepper seeds from this package:

B803F73B-CB44-43F5-815E-33D96D75B180_zpsne6pzsf2.jpg

I planted the seeds from the yellow and orange ones. Does that mean the plants will only give orange/yellow or will they both give me all the colors from the package? I never grew peppers before so I have no clue on how they work.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
They will most likely all start off green (although some types have a creamy yellow unripe fruit), and they will change to whichever colour you planted from.
That's IF the peppers are open-pollinated and not hybrids.
If you have planted seeds from a hybrid fruit, there is no telling what you may end up with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As @headfullofbees stated they will all start off green. The picture looks as if there are 3 varieties which are more than likely bananas. They will more than likely all turn red if you leave them on the plant long enough but most folks don't wait that long although sweet peppers will become sweeter the longer they grow. I planted a large variety of bananas this year and they started out green. Turned yellow then a maroon and finally red. I ate most of them at the yellow stage and left the rest to mature so as to have next years seeds and found out that the maroon color really tickled my taste buds.

Ask a Question