What can I grow through summer into fall?

Reaction score
I live in MA on the south shore, so it gets cold and hot suddenly and the weather is all around inconsistent. What can I grow that will last through all the weather changes. Or alternatively, how do I keep the plants growing consistently despite the changes in climate? Thank you!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lisa, I have the same question. I live in the Mid-Atlantic area and today it is very cool when typically in the past this time of year is close to 100 degrees go figure. What can be grown that will make it thru all of these changes in the weather.

Reaction score
I live in MA on the south shore, so it gets cold and hot suddenly and the weather is all around inconsistent. What can I grow that will last through all the weather changes. Or alternatively, how do I keep the plants growing consistently despite the changes in climate? Thank you!

As there are a wide range of trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals and edible plants that are known to grow extremely well in the Mid Atlantic area - as you haven't said what type of soil you have or what kind of aspect you wish the plants to grow in - in terms of sun and shade or what kind of plants you are wanting - like for instance do you want ornamentals for year round interest, only edibles, flowering plants or purely easy care low maintenance plants - it makes it very difficult to know exactly what to suggest :)

Ask a Question