What are your reasons?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is it we do what we do? Happiness? Hobby? Or just fill our bellies with better food?
I struggle with this question, I spend $500-$700 a year in to keep my garden going. 10 extra hours a week atleast.
At the end of the day I know I enjoy it but I could be spending time and money with family or friends.

Tell me your reasons.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It is about getting the hands dirty, putting the craziness of the world away, connecting with an energy outside and inside the self, watching and being aware of changes in the environment I wouldn’t notice otherwise, seeing the changes of seasons through weather, flowers, plants, sky, clouds, birds and all things natural. It’s sometimes an obsession and other times a chore.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
There is nothing more satisfying and rewarding than starting a seed and watching it grow in to something beautiful...getting my hands in the earth and planting vegetables and flowers is like anti anxiety medication for me. Others may find it strange, but it literally makes my day to cut flowers or pick a ripe veggie from my garden. :)

Ask a Question