What are your favorite indoor plants?

Reaction score
I used to have sooooo many indoor plants before, but sadly I only have one left now, plus a few others outside waiting to be relocated (trying to find new homes for those!). I just loved buying new plants, so did my granma! Sadly I plan to move out sometime soon (my boyfriend is even getting some furniture!), so I must say goodbye to my loved plants :( I already did that with some; I found new homes for those fast.

I had my own favorites tho:

rgh1325825502q.JPG

klz1325825577e.JPG

indoor-plant.jpg

am_9909_5165384_464318.jpg

I used pictures because I don't really know the name of those plants in english, I know maybe the name of one of them :D

Please feel free to share your favorite ones :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favorite indoor plants are my miniature roses!:D Haha, I know that it's not a surprise:LOL: I talk about them all the time, but I can't help it, I really am in love with them. Just looking at them makes me smile, they're so beautiful and healthy. And they're gifts from my boyfriend:love:
Trellum, I like your new avatar, you look so pretty in the picture!:)
As for your favorite plants, I agree that they're all very interesting, especially african violets. My mother has at least 20 of them:)

Reaction score
Trellum - your TLC certainly worked - your plants are absolutely beautiful and so healthy too.
I like them all but my favorite would have to be your African Violet, as I've always had a soft spot for African Violets, because they remind me of my grandma, who just adored them so much, that there were always loads of them, of all varieties on every available surface, so many in fact, that people often wondered if she was a collector - have to think she probably was :D

Reaction score
Thanks, Gata :) I'd like to add something I just forgot to add: those pictures are from another web site. I couldn't add my own because I didn't take pictures of all of them :cry: I took pictures of a few tho (y) But not all of them, sadly. And I no longer have indoor plants because, well, I'll be moving quite soon :oops:

African violets are amazing! I once went to a doctor's office, and he had a looot of them!!!! There were like 5 different varieties!! I was blown away! They looked so health and beautiful, and I know how tricky it can be to keep them that way. I could barely handle the one I have :p Btw, it was purple like the one in the picture! Your granma sounds like a cool lady (y)

Reaction score
My favorite indoor plants are my miniature roses!:D Haha, I know that it's not a surprise:LOL: I talk about them all the time, but I can't help it, I really am in love with them. Just looking at them makes me smile, they're so beautiful and healthy. And they're gifts from my boyfriend:love:
Trellum, I like your new avatar, you look so pretty in the picture!:)
As for your favorite plants, I agree that they're all very interesting, especially african violets. My mother has at least 20 of them:)

Don't worry, we all know how much you love them and the reason, I also talk about several things often ;) Nothing to worry about, in my opinion love for miniature roses can't never get old (y)

Thanks, Claudine :) You're very kind, that's a picture I took a few months ago, last winter (when we still had winter) I did it for Facebook, but no longer used it :D Hehehe, I loved taking selfies back then :LOL::X3:

And wow.... 20 african violets?! Doesn't she have any trouble taking care of all those african violets?! Sounds like a lot work :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Don't worry, we all know how much you love them and the reason, I also talk about several things often ;) Nothing to worry about, in my opinion love for miniature roses can't never get old (y)

Thanks, Claudine :) You're very kind, that's a picture I took a few months ago, last winter (when we still had winter) I did it for Facebook, but no longer used it :D Hehehe, I loved taking selfies back then :LOL::X3:

And wow.... 20 african violets?! Doesn't she have any trouble taking care of all those african violets?! Sounds like a lot work :eek:
Yes, it is a lot of work. My mother went on a trip some time ago. Even though my boyfriend helped me watering her indoor plants (African Violets and many others), it still was exhausting! I
love plants, but it was too much for me;)

Reaction score
Thanks, Gata :) I'd like to add something I just forgot to add: those pictures are from another web site. I couldn't add my own because I didn't take pictures of all of them :cry: I took pictures of a few tho (y) But not all of them, sadly. And I no longer have indoor plants because, well, I'll be moving quite soon :oops:

African violets are amazing! I once went to a doctor's office, and he had a looot of them!!!! There were like 5 different varieties!! I was blown away! They looked so health and beautiful, and I know how tricky it can be to keep them that way. I could barely handle the one I have :p Btw, it was purple like the one in the picture! Your granma sounds like a cool lady (y)

Thought you had given most of your plants away, but was thinking you had maybe taken photos, to remind yourself of how pretty they were - but have to say, either way the pictures are still lovely and I really admire your honesty:)

Yes, my grandma was one really cool lady and apart from growing the African Violets she was always up to date with the latest trends and what was in the charts,well into her eighties :D

Would agree with you that African Violets are tricky to grow and could even describe them as temperamental,

Reaction score
@Trellum I have one similar to the second picture. (I have also had one just like the second picture) My plant has all green leaves with no yellow streaking on it. At one point I had a plant that had five strands that were all at least six feet long. I had the strands wove around the entrance from my kitchen into my living room. They added a wonderful climbing curtain of sorts.

I am so not good with African violets. I love how pretty they are but mine always die.

I think my favorite would be the Holiday cactus followed up close by the trailing plant I described above and then of course aloe vera.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Benjamin Ficus is my favorite houseplant. I don't have one right now because I don't have room for a large plant but as soon as I move I will get one.

I love plants also, one that I am not so good with is the African violet, I have one now that is not doing so well. I try not look at the plants when I go to the store to avoid purchasing them.

If I see a plant that has been abused I have to rescue it and take it home.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, african violets are a pain! LOL. I've had several and many of the died, I got it right with the last one, but I had to give it away to my neighbor because... well, I'm moving out soon.

The Benjamin Ficus is beautiful :) Is it hard to take care of it? It seems to be quite popular here, I've seen it resting in a lot doctor's offices ;) I've been to a lot doctors the last 3 years, so believe me when I say this plant is popular :D

Reaction score
@Trellum I have one similar to the second picture. (I have also had one just like the second picture) My plant has all green leaves with no yellow streaking on it. At one point I had a plant that had five strands that were all at least six feet long. I had the strands wove around the entrance from my kitchen into my living room. They added a wonderful climbing curtain of sorts.

I am so not good with African violets. I love how pretty they are but mine always die.

I think my favorite would be the Holiday cactus followed up close by the trailing plant I described above and then of course aloe vera.

That sounds amazing! I also had a green one with no yellow streaking on it :) They make great decorative accesories ;) but for some reason I always liked to keep mine trimmed, because this plant can grow like crazy, but I'm sure you already know that :)

Yeah, african violets are tricky!!! Mine died a lot... you need to be so careful with the light and water! My last one was doing well tho, too bad I had to give it away.

The holiday cactus is beautiful :)

Reaction score
Thought you had given most of your plants away, but was thinking you had maybe taken photos, to remind yourself of how pretty they were - but have to say, either way the pictures are still lovely and I really admire your honesty:)

Yes, my grandma was one really cool lady and apart from growing the African Violets she was always up to date with the latest trends and what was in the charts,well into her eighties :D

Would agree with you that African Violets are tricky to grow and could even describe them as temperamental,

I did :) I gave away my most precious treasures (that's the way I like to call them, lol) first, because I knew that if I didn't do it in that moment, maybe I'd never do it :oops: but that wasn't the point, it took me so long to actually do it :D I really didn't want to take pictures of those, because it was very hard to give them away :( For now I want to forget them, hehehe! I'll get new plants in the Netherlands (y)

That's remarkable :) So your granma was quite modern for her age? :love: I wish I still have that motivation and high spirits when and if I ever reach that age! My granma didn't care about keeping up to date or anything else really, but she liked plants :X3::giggle:

Reaction score
Yes, it is a lot of work. My mother went on a trip some time ago. Even though my boyfriend helped me watering her indoor plants (African Violets and many others), it still was exhausting! I
love plants, but it was too much for me;)

Did any of the african violets die while your mom was out? Those things are so... hard to take care of! I know because I killed many before :oops: It wasn't until recently that I was finally successful! But I had to give it away because of the long trip and the moving :cry:

Reaction score
Trellum

Think I would agree with you on not taking pictures, have done both and found that you actually don't really need to, as the memory of them all lives in your mind forever and it only really becomes necessary to have a photo, when you are perhaps trying hard to describe your treasured plant :D

Don't think you'll have any problem finding plenty of replacements in Holland, something I always remember about my time there, were how everyones window sills, were always chock-a-block full of plants :)

Yes my grandma was quite a remarkable lady and I too, hope that should I actually reach that age, that I would be just as active and lively as she was.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Did any of the african violets die while your mom was out? Those things are so... hard to take care of! I know because I killed many before :oops: It wasn't until recently that I was finally successful! But I had to give it away because of the long trip and the moving :cry:
No:D All of them survived. She was out of town only for a couple of days though. If we had to take care of her violets for a longer period of time, they would die, I'm sure of it. My boyfriend tends to overwater plants:p
I'm sorry about your african violets:cry:

Ask a Question