What Are You Most Excited To Plant This Spring?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
As I have mentioned before, I live in a different home on different property than I did last year. Therefore, I am so excited about putting out new flowers and vegetables this year. I think I am looking forward to planting several rose bushes in my front yard the most. What are you most excited to plant this spring?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Yay, spring is coming! I'm willing to plant carrots, lettuce, peppers and tomatoes and some herbs like basil and peppermint. I hope I can get my soil and fertilizer on time so I can start working on it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Not so much the planting but I love to grow anything from seed or cuttings. I have just started off the first of my annual flower seeds in an electric propagator.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Honestly I'm most excited for basil and tomatoes!! They're one of those things that we plant in spring and seem to eat all summer long. I could probably eat caprese salad for every meal if I had enough basil, tomato and mozzarella cheese!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm very excited to expand my shade garden on the East side of my house. I will have a lot of Hostas coming back and I will be looking to research and add more variety to these small flower beds.
Also, I'm excited to see if the tulips I planted will all come up. They were given to me by a neighbor last summer and I really wasn't sure that they would survive. Who knows. I love hand-me-down plants. I have some bearded iris that was mailed to me from Virginia that is starting to peek through the mulch.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think what I'm most excited to plant this year is Smooth Oxeye (Heliopsis helianthoides), Meadow Blazing Star (Liatris ligulistylis), more Orange Milkweeds (Asclepias tuberosa), among others.

I'm also excited to see many of last year's plantings finally bloom this year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm going to try some ginger this year but I have no idea how it'll go.
My favorites are all my chilis, jalapeños, kale, and lettuce.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I went shopping with my boyfriend yesterday and we bought irises. I'm very excited about growing them, because irises have always been one of my favorite flowers. It will be lovely to see them bloom in my apartment. I'll keep them indoors until they stop blooming.

Ask a Question