What are these things in my garden?

Reaction score
I went for the usual garden patrol today and I noticed these wiggly worms on the plants and dirt. They look like small parasitic things, but I'm not sure what they so I was hoping someone here can help me out.

Attachments

• ahp5EO8IFydQbqcOUxwtvRzMfjjaTQ4KxHDJYNsvi4o.jpeg
    ahp5EO8IFydQbqcOUxwtvRzMfjjaTQ4KxHDJYNsvi4o.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 461
Reaction score
Do you think you can get a closer look? What type of plant is that perhaps its attracting it?

Reaction score
I don't see them anymore in my garden, but my plants are dead now. They were simple chilli plants. I'm not sure if they died from those small worm-like things, or if it was the result of a frost.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I cannot really tell anything from the photos, but I can also see where frost makes sense. I am glad to hear that it seems you are not dealing with it as much as you were, though, so that is good news even though the plants died. Hope they or it does not come back.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I cannot really tell anything from the photos, but I can also see where frost makes sense. I am glad to hear that it seems you are not dealing with it as much as you were, though, so that is good news even though the plants died. Hope they or it does not come back.
@rz3300, I don't know if you are aware of this feature... but if you click on either the name of the forum member, or the avatar picture, you can see that Gardener has not visited the forum since December of 2014. ;)

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If there were wiggly worms, were they inside the leaf or on it. Could be leaf miner larvae. They tend to leave squiggly lines on leaves but can also chew areas of the inside of the leaves on plants.

Ask a Question