what are the push notifications?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Just curious, what are the push notifications? Do they only work when I am here on the site or when I am off site? I would not care for off site, as I treasure the separation.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Push Notifications are messages that appear on your device (works on computers and phones) to alert you to things on gardening forums that you've subscribed to. It will appear off-site too, so it may not be worth enabling for you in this case. It's easy to opt-in or out at a later date on the preferences page.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I take it that when I am here, the new post content notifications will still work. I had a big software reset and am rediscovering the many settings.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yes, everything will work ok without push notifications :). It's just an optional feature for those that want it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
@Ian you guided me through this when the forum changed, which I thank you for again. :) I unticked the boxes as I don't need to use it but the pop up asking for permission to enable is still showing at the bottom of my screen. Will it remain there please or can it be removed?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @Sheal, sure thing :). At the right of the push notification bar, there should be a cross symbol. If you click that, it should ask if you want to be reminded again. There's an option to the effect of "never", which you can then click on.

Ask a Question