What am I

Reaction score
Country
United States
This plant came up last year and only got about 5 inches tall.. The advise I got here was to let it grow and see what it turned into.. I did. It never got any bigger or fuller. This year it's about 15 inches tall so far.. Anybody have any ideas what it could be???
what.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Do the leaves fall off brown and stay in a remarkable condition of preservation for a month or longer? Is there a magnolia nearby?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Definitely peony! Lovely flower, but doesn't do much for most of the year! Alas! But when they flower, they make it all up!

For peony to flower, its tuber needs to be baked by hot sun. It's not ideal to have it under a big tree. It needs to be baked. If you can find the hottest place for it and make sure the tuber is right at the soil surface. If the tuber was buried too deep, the madame would sulk and will not flower! They will do well where irises, cistus are happiest.

To recap

1) Find a spot with the longest amount of sunshine hours. The hottest and brightest spot in your garden
2) Tuber needs to be level with soil or even a bit raised.

The above applies to herbaceous peonies only. You could research intersectional peony care and tree peony care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corncob

Latest Threads