What a grey and dreary day it is! And, today I turned 60.

Reaction score
It is overcast, and it feels colder than it is. I had INTENDED to spend part of today outside with my gardening tools, doing a bit of pruning and having fun doing it, but........ maybe tomorrow! Today is much warmer than it has been but it feels much colder, because it is so dreary out! I simply cannot get enthusiastic about being outside today! Which is a shame, because today I had wanted to give myself a treat!

Anyways, today I am 60.

Today I have set a sweet potato in water on a heating pad in the hopes that it will sprout: they never have sprouted for me BEFORE but I never tried it on a heating pad before. I ALSO potted up some tulips and I placed them on the heating pad as well. For some reason, starting new life sounds like an EXCELLENT idea on the day that I turn 60!

Later today we will go to Jumpin' Catfish, which is a great casual place to eat. It USED to be a bar that professional hunting guides would bring their clients to after the hunting was done. Then after a while they offered the hunters meals to go with the drinks, and the meals featured game. THEN the city grew around them and they are now downtown, but why change a very good thing? They serve frog legs, quail, buffalo, catfish (of course), trout, duck, and so forth.

There are many eating places in my area but there is only ONE Jumpin' Catfish! And so my husband, son, and I will go there tonight, as I do not want this to be just another restaurant meal.

Maybe the skies will clear up tomorrow, so I can have my gardening day then!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well happy birthday to you! It is a horrible day up here in the north as well. It is cold outside and there is a nice cloud of fog covering everything at the moment. It looks much more like a Halloween day than a middle of winter day. I really want spring to hurry up and get here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Happy Birthday!

It is bright and sunny here but we won't see temps above freezing for another 8 weeks.

Hope your potato sprouts for you!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

May all your seeds sprout and I hope you have a good one :):):)

Reaction score
Thank you-thank you-thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

It is 4 PM my time, and I actually had FUN today!

For one thing I went shopping. Hey, it got me out of the house! :cool:

I also tried a chocolate war-time cake recipe that used carrots instead of most of the sugar: it tastes OK but I miss the sweetness. That's OK, I also made an apple pie that I just put into the oven!:p. I will eat that for dessert today instead of birthday cake! And while I was shopping I got ice cream to top it with.:whistle: I am a diabetic but I am allowed to have a diet "holiday" from time to time.

My son wants me to give him money for a school outing- and of course I would anyways- but just to make SURE he has been extremely helpful and cheerful this afternoon. I even got him to vacuum my car, which he was supposed to do earlier but he had put it off! So now it is done!:ROFLMAO: Gee, before my oldest became a teen I was NEVER this manipulative!!!!!!!:LOL:

At any rate, all there is to do around the house is to wait for my husband to get home, and then we will go. It has actually been a very good day! :D

Reaction score
It was a good evening. A friendly lady apologized about her baby fussing- and I had hardly noticed it because my own are grown so it did not concern me. If I had thought fast enough I might have shared my cheerio trick: if you give a baby of that age a cheerio to gum over they are much less likely to cry. Every time we went out I used to take a small bag of them!

My apple dessert with ice cream was delicious, and we ate 2/3 of it which is a good thing as it will soon be gone and then I will not be tempted. My diet holiday is over and so I do not need leftover desserts to tempt me!

My son was tired when we got in and he went to his room even though it was only 8 PM and so my husband and I kicked back and watched TV for a while.

All in all it was a VERY good day!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Shopping is always a fantastic way to get out of the house even if it is for essentials and not fun things. I am going to be going to the library in a while just to get out amongst people for a while. I am starting to get cabin fever with all the grey in the sky. At least the fog has now gone away and I can see 10 feet in front of me.

Reaction score
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fantastic day! Sorry to hear the weather is bad in your area of the country. Here in the South it's been kind of all over the place lately. Pretty typical for this time of the year. We've gotten a good bit of rain, but very little sleet or snow this season. I'm not complaining. It's been a pretty average winter so far.

Ask a Question