What a COOL forum feature!!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I don't always click everything just to see what it does. o_O

I was aware that if I didn't recognize a country's flag, I could hover the cursor over it to tell me. I was aware that if I wanted to know the last time a member was logged in, I could click their avatar (or the blank spot where there would be one, if they don't have one,) and it would tell me.

Today, I was looking at a member's hardiness zone, and it occurred to me to wonder why it was in green. Links show up as green in the forum. Why is that number green? :confused: I hovered the cursor over it, and it lit up like a link. I clicked it. :D

It took me straight to a "Find Your Hardiness Zone" page, supplied by the forum!! (y) (y) COOL!!

See that green 6 that tells you my hardiness zone? ... Click it!! :LOL:

There's even a link to your profile page, so ... no excuses!! :whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you like it @MaryMary! I guess it isn't immediately obvious that it's a link (unless you look closely) so hopefully this topic will spread awareness (y)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have provided a link to the USDA Plant Hardiness Map for a new member many times, and never knew that a link was right there on the page!
smack.gif

hopefully this topic will spread awareness (y)
I'm hoping, too!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I don't always click everything just to see what it does. o_O

I was aware that if I didn't recognize a country's flag, I could hover the cursor over it to tell me. I was aware that if I wanted to know the last time a member was logged in, I could click their avatar (or the blank spot where there would be one, if they don't have one,) and it would tell me.

Today, I was looking at a member's hardiness zone, and it occurred to me to wonder why it was in green. Links show up as green in the forum. Why is that number green? :confused: I hovered the cursor over it, and it lit up like a link. I clicked it. :D

It took me straight to a "Find Your Hardiness Zone" page, supplied by the forum!! (y) (y) COOL!!

See that green 6 that tells you my hardiness zone? ... Click it!! :LOL:

There's even a link to your profile page, so ... no excuses!! :whistle:
Thanks MaryMary. Knew the flag bit but not the hardiness zone. However not clear on how to link to the profile page. Could you step me through it please. Excuse my slowness on this topic. In my defence I've actually come a long way.:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@DeborahJane, you've already got your hardiness zone posted!! :)

Your profile page is just where you manage your account details. Like if you want to change your avatar, or have a status message, or a custom title. But I'll walk you through it anyway, as if you wanted to add your hardiness zone.

See there to the left where my Hardiness Zone says 6*? Click it, it's a link.

Now, if you didn't know your hardiness zone, this is where you would find it!! There is another link on that page that will take you to zone maps for most countries. In the case that your map was not there, there is also a temperature chart. You find the minimum average temperature where you live, and that would be your zone.

On that page, see the part that says this?
Once you've found your zone (i.e. 9a) then please enter it in your user profile page (here)
Click the word "here" and it will take you to "Your Account, Personal Details." From there, you would add your hardiness zone! Or change your avatar, or add a status message, or add your birthday, or... well, you'll see!!

* If you are not a member, or if you are not signed in, the hardiness zone of members won't show.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Tnanks MaryMary. I working on it.
I have discovered the joys of clicking.:LOL: however and am enjoying it. When a post mentions a plant i dont know or I need reminding i go out of the forum, google it and tben come back and now, with my clicker finger at the ready, i do what you guys must do, just click on the name, look and learn and come back again. Voila! Its like magic to me. :ROFLMAO:. Mmmmm:whistle:, they do say you lesrn something every day

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Also, if you click on a member's location, it should lead you to a google map of the place :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Also, if you click on a member's location, it should lead you to a google map of the place :)
Thanks zigs. How fascinating . I just tried it on Dorset, I waved to you:). I am now going to play, checking out every one else's home towns.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently joined , I think this forum is very interesting,but like anything else technical it's taking me a while to get my head around everything.I'm also finding bit confusing ,hopefully I shall soon get my head around it all ! Hope so !

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, @granma!! :)

If you have any questions about the "how to..." technical stuff here, start a thread and ask. This forum, "Feedback and Comments" is where to start the thread. :)

If you are wanting to learn how to do something, other members may have questions about it, too! (y)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, @granma!! :)

If you have any questions about the "how to..." technical stuff here, start a thread and ask. This forum, "Feedback and Comments" is where to start the thread. :)

If you are wanting to learn how to do something, other members may have questions about it, too! (y)
Thank you so much , I would love to know what this Beatle is which I found today it's beige about three quarters of inch long and half inch wide . It jumps all the time , looks like it has two legs , longish legs forever spinning on its back . I put it in a container with holes .it also makes a humming noise . Never seen one before which forum can I post in for this please ?.

Ask a Question