What’s wrong with my new 2 weeks old plant?

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve bought two sets of rosemary and the one with a big hole ceramic container built in is doing fine. The one that looks sad is the resin container that I drilled 3 holes myself. I have already tried to not have water over them but just the soil. I noticed my hydrangea of same age showing that at the bottom so I thought maybe water, but the rosemary is like 2/3 plants.

I have now moved it from sunny spot to a less sun spot now. It were blue Tuscan Rosemary so I thought it could take the sun. I have put the superthrive and a good watering until the bottom drips out water just now to hope they can make it.

any idea what went wrong and how to save it?

I cannot recall which side i water in and if it were the comparatively happier one is the one receiving the water.

Attachments

• 05DE3495-FA41-4B8C-895F-098C6DAECE4B.jpeg
    05DE3495-FA41-4B8C-895F-098C6DAECE4B.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 936184AE-05D8-4858-9219-40D45D1E6806.jpeg
    936184AE-05D8-4858-9219-40D45D1E6806.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 68
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is superthrive????

The Hydrangea in the blue pot needs more water and lots of shade. Your Rosemary plants need very poor soil in a nice warm sunny place with lots of drainage, and only occasional watering - this will hate being in the shade, and hate being waterlogged.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I could not make out clearly what's up with the hydrangea macrophylla foliage as some undamaged/pristine leaves are partly covering some of the leaf damage. But they both require different sunlight levels, although macrophyllas can take full sun only at the start of Spring... places where the sun is not harsh; in most places in the US, they can take full sun until the end of winter and then they need dappled sun or morning sun until 10-11am & afternoon/evening shade. Then the rosemary needs Mediterranean weather... some water, not much cold and full sun. You may need to comment on how moist/dry the rosemary's soil was being kept, if it got zapped by late frosts, from when until when it got sun, etc.

Superthrive is a combination of several ingredients that you add (1/4 teaspoon) to a gallon of water and water the soil or spray a plant. It is not a fertilizer. Has a 0.5-0-0 NPK Ratio. Some people like to use it. I tried it but did not observe many changes so eventually, I stopped using it. A tad expensive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
What is superthrive????

The Hydrangea in the blue pot needs more water and lots of shade. Your Rosemary plants need very poor soil in a nice warm sunny place with lots of drainage, and only occasional watering - this will hate being in the shade, and hate being waterlogged.
It is an Auxin recommended at one drop or 1.25 mL per 3785.4mL water. Wonder what happened?

LGY

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing happened today yet. Not getting better or worse for both plants. I took the rosemary to shade in case it were kept too dried. I thought it can handle drought but judging from this plant and the lavender on the other end, the 3 day California baking is too much for them. The other rosemary in the middle is fine, but it maybe cause it got overspray from the lawn as it is positioned at the middle edge of the lawn, or at least some cooling effect, compared to the other two at the far corners that won’t get a drip.

A good chance to see if superthrive actually works.

Sigh if they can’t handle north side lighting in spring time weather here, most likely they won’t last south sides either...
Guess the south lawn will end up with cactus...

Ask a Question