What’s wrong with my tomato plant? :(

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys!! :D

I’m completely new to the world of gardening and one of my tomato plants has developed some weird looking build up/growth or something in the soil. The others seem alright so I’ve put this one in isolation for now incase it’s a disease of some sort.

would anyone be able to help me identify this by any chance? (And if you have any advice I’d really appreciate that!!)

thank you!! :3

let me know if you need more photos of the actual plant etc.

Attachments

• 2721C453-6766-40F1-BACF-E57D10995DB9.jpeg
    2721C453-6766-40F1-BACF-E57D10995DB9.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 0F52A025-BB3B-4782-BBAD-5DD90158C6A6.jpeg
    0F52A025-BB3B-4782-BBAD-5DD90158C6A6.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey guys!! :D

I’m completely new to the world of gardening and one of my tomato plants has developed some weird looking build up/growth or something in the soil. The others seem alright so I’ve put this one in isolation for now incase it’s a disease of some sort.

would anyone be able to help me identify this by any chance? (And if you have any advice I’d really appreciate that!!)

thank you!! :3

let me know if you need more photos of the actual plant etc.
Is your plant in a clear container? What weird stuff are you referring too?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm also not seeing what you're talking about, but nothing looks to bad to me, except how the roots seem to be cramped up, i.e. root bound.

There's a lot of weird looking things in the soil, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I get Dog Vomit Slime Mold (<Google it for pictures) in various parts of my garden, the stuff looks deadly, but it's completely harmless and actually a sign of healthy soil.

How are your tomato plants looking?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is this a plastic bag? Probably a pinhead hole to it where some green mold grew with the sun and air exposure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Maybe you are referring to that green stuff? That is the same weird stuff that grows in swimming pools and streams and clear water tanks. It will even grow in a bottle of water. That weird stuff is algae

Ask a Question