Weymouth Today

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some horrible downpours on the way, but a nice day once I got there :)
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG
DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0016.JPG
DSCF0020.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh I've not been to Weymouth in years, but it looks just as I remember it! You were certainly very lucky with the weather :D

Reaction score
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing them! That place looks really beautiful :) Thanks for sharing! Those clouds look really fluffy, I'm sure you guys had quite a shower over there :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thought you might like the pics Becky :)

We did Trellum, wish I could have stopped and taken a pic of the downpour on the way, it just looked like a mile high waterfall :eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, if you look at the pic of the sailing ship, behind it in the middle there's a 2 floor extension on the back of the building, I rendered that with lime mortar some years back, not a bad place to work :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's also where the Black Death arrived in England in 1348, wiping out half the population :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's also where the Black Death arrived in England in 1348, wiping out half the population :eek:

Nice, I never new that! :eek: I suppose I'd always assumed it was London. You learn something new every day (y)

Reaction score
Lovely pictures Zigs - Weymouth looks to be a really nice place and from what I can see from your photos - looks to have managed to retain a quaint look to it - which in this day and age is fairly rare and thank you - I too had always assumed that the plague stemmed from London.
Glad you managed to escape without those horrendously black clouds depositing on you :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's quaint but still with the off season drunkeness :D Nothing else to do once the tourists have gone, saw 2 girls with black eyes :eek:

Nothing like a good fight to while the winter months away :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely pictures Zigs - Weymouth looks to be a really nice place and from what I can see from your photos - looks to have managed to retain a quaint look to it - which in this day and age is fairly rare and thank you - I too had always assumed that the plague stemmed from London.
Glad you managed to escape without those horrendously black clouds depositing on you :D
The Great Plague of London was three centuries later, in 1665.

Reaction score
Lovely pictures, now I can see where some of the New England port architecture comes from! You Brits do have a knack for creating some stunning towns!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely pictures, now I can see where some of the New England port architecture comes from! You Brits do have a knack for creating some stunning towns!

Is there a New Weymouth as well as a New York? :)

Ask a Question