Well the journey begins...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Finally beginning the journey towards subsidizing our hearts and minds with more nourinshing and trustworthy foods. We really want to get the kids into it too. I can imagine the joy that will be picking from the garden with them, sharing the experiences and growing together. All the while learning something new and doing it as a family. That will be something hopefully they will cherish and bring to their own families as the move on to have their own lives.

We have the space, a natural water source and full sun in many parts of the property. We plan on starting small and going from there. I may start with some raised beds but plan on getting my soil tested for larger plots. It will be hard and frustrating at times for sure, but what isn’t that is worth it in the end?

Thanks for having me, and thanks in advance foe your patience as I will have many many questions.

J, D, E, and A

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome, and it sounds as if you will fit in very well here! Please tell us where you are and your growing zone. I'm in central Texas and hesitate to give advice or suggestions for folks in the Dakotas ;).
Starting small is a brilliant idea--you quickly find out how much you can handle, and if you have a failure, it isn't something that has wiped out an acre.
We are not "patient" with questions, we are eager to answer or make suggestions, so please, ask away!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
Thanks, I will sure make full use of that!

I am trying to find how to add my location under my avatar. I suspect there is a waiting period until I am able to add that option.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @HomesteadHeaded18 , Welcome, glad you have joined our friendly forum.
You and the family have a great adventure ahead , look forward to you sharing it with us......we love photos :D:ROFLMAO:

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome. I am sure your kids will learn a lifelong lesson. I started gardening with my Dad at about 2. Don't think I was much help, but the lessons stuck with me. Dad is gone, my hair is gray, and I still enjoy gardening to this day.
Can't Get Started Gardening Too Soon.tny.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! :)
evolving the kids is a great idea to help them learn to enjoy nature and maybe (if you're lucky) even try new foods
smbravo.gif

Ask a Question