Weird spots on avocado leaves

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Strange brown spots appeared on the leaves of the avocado tree. They appeared about 3 days ago when I accidentally overwatered the plant and a few hours later I opened the window to ventilate the room (I had taken the avocado out from under the window earlier). Today I watered (not overwatered) the avocado, then opened the window and moved it to a warmer place.Is it fungus or something else? And what am I supposed to do about it?
325241643_3461472267509412_398040433342300340_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Browning leaf tips are a classic sign of the plant receiving too much water. If you overwatered your plant 3 days ago then it surely does not need watering now. And, browning leaf tips do not happen overnight. This happens when a plant is being overwatered for a considerable period of time and it will eventually kill the plant. In the first picture, there are what appear to be small bumps showing on the leaves. This could be what is called edema, which is another sign of overwatering. What do you do about this? Just let the plant dry out some before watering again. It could be because of the lighting but it also appears that your plant has light green colored leaves. A healthy avocado has dark green semi-glossy leaves. This is caused by a lack of nutrition meaning the plant should be fertilized or that the plant isn't getting enough sunlight.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Indoor plants don't like to be moved ever. Depending on how big your plant is, you can tip it out of the container and get a feel and look at the roots to make sure it needs water or dry time.

Ask a Question