Weird looking fruits and vegetables

Reaction score
This one inspired me to start this thread..
31521.jpg

Have you seen anything stranger than this o_O

These are really cute..
13658.jpg

121010.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Maddie, what the heck is that in the first photo? My mom grew squash "Siamese twins" one year that looked like breasts when lain on their side. The strangest thing I've ever seen in person is weird looking heirloom tomatoes. They look diseased, lol!

Imagine seeing something like this in weird purplish and/or greenish colors.
Seattle-Heirloom-tomato-2156.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Great topic, it's fun to look at these vegetables:D
I found a really creepy picture:

1345265326193.jpg

And this is adorable, a heart-shaped potato:

serce+z+ziemniaka.jpg

Reaction score
@ Channel, I really don't know what the heck it is :D I tried to find out but there was no information.
Yeeks I would not eat those tomatoes heirloom or not.. They do look diseased. o_O
I love rambuttans and their cousins the lychees , the red fruits with green beards.. they are sweet and juicy. One fruit that I will never miss during its season.
How do you like these dragon fruits..
250px-Pitaya_cross_section_ed2.jpg

@ Claudine, that one looks like an elephant :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Maddie, the dragon fruit is actually kind of interesting on the outside. It almost reminds me of an artichoke. The inside looks a little strange and I'm not sure I'd want to eat one. Maybe if someone I knew had them and could show me what to do with them. It's hard to tell when unfamiliar fruits are ripe or what they should taste like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, some of these vegetables and fruits don't look edible:p

A very cute tomato penguin:

duck+tomato.jpg

A really strange and a bit creepy carrot:

Carrot_Pants_MJ_Blanchette.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Claudine, that tomato is kind of cute! Don't think I would want to eat it, lol, but it's cute. The carrot is just plain freaky, however. Can't wait for Zigs ad Jed to see these!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I wouldn't eat this penguin either, I would give him a name and keep him in the fridge for as long as possible, lol:p
This tomato is weird too but in a completely different way. I wouldn't eat it because I'd be scared of it:

tom.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@Zigs -- Wow, I've seen tomatoes growing before, but never have they looked anything like that. How do they develop noses?

I see unusual stuff sometimes at the farmer's market, but never anything like those carrots. LOL, I would be afraid to eat them! The ones in the first photo look like sculpture!

@Claudine -- That is exactly how I felt the first time I saw heirloom tomatoes! The one in your photo though is way too freaky! I would be afraid it was radio active.

Reaction score
@ Zigs, you have an unusual garden there. :D what is with all the tomatoes with beaks..lol :) Yeah and the carrot aren't really enticing.. LOL you must have fun with all the stuff you grow.
@ Claudine I like the penguin.. but then they are too weird to be eaten.
@ Chanell, yeah the dragon fruit does remind me of artichokes .. but they are more like flames..and that is why they are sometimes called fire dragon fruits.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Seen quite a few tomatoes with noses, must be something genetic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
@Maddie, the cauliflower is amazing! That apple is crazy, but that bali kiwi makes me shiver, ew! Somehow "flaming" dragon fruit doesn't entice me to want to eat it at all, lol.

Ask a Question