Weeping fig

Reaction score
IMG_00000084.jpg

I've been looking around for some nice indoor plants to brighten up my new house. Unfortunately, money has been a little tight lately, and garden centres are not cheap. But I was very surprised to have found this weeping fig plant at a bargain price at a grocery store yesterday. I was unsure if I would manage to fit it safely into the back of my little car, along with the rest of my groceries, but it did fit - only just!

My livingroom feels much more homely already.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice purchase! It's amazing how one plant can brighten up a room :) My parents have a huge weeping fig that they have had for years, they are lovely plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's a beautiful weeping fig! You were very lucky to find it, I'm sure it will brighten up your home:) It looks very healthy and big. I wish there were plants like this at my grocery store:D

Reaction score
Nice looking plant. If you browse around enough you can find plants that have been priced to be sold quickly. I did an entire apartment with reduced cost plants and they did great!

Reaction score
Nice purchase! It's amazing how one plant can brighten up a room :) My parents have a huge weeping fig that they have had for years, they are lovely plants.

Thanks! Do you know how tall your parents one reached? This one is roughly 3ft at the moment. I had one before, many years ago, in my very first home of my own. I think it was about 5ft tall. Unfortunately, it got badly damaged during a house move. I always loved that plant, so I'm really pleased to have another one now.

Wow, it's a beautiful weeping fig! You were very lucky to find it, I'm sure it will brighten up your home:) It looks very healthy and big. I wish there were plants like this at my grocery store:D

Nice looking plant. If you browse around enough you can find plants that have been priced to be sold quickly. I did an entire apartment with reduced cost plants and they did great!

Thanks :) Buying a plant was the last thing on my mind, I was there for food shopping, so it was a special find. The store has different special offers, with various different items which change every week. It was only £9.99, which was a bargain. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for more low cost plants like this in future.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! Do you know how tall your parents one reached? This one is roughly 3ft at the moment. I had one before, many years ago, in my very first home of my own. I think it was about 5ft tall. Unfortunately, it got badly damaged during a house move. I always loved that plant, so I'm really pleased to have another one now.

Theirs is over 6ft, but it's in their conservatory and there is a lot of light and a lot of room to grow! :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is one of my favorite house plants. I hope to have one soon, like you said earlier they can be costly. If the plant starts to grow to fast for your area you can clip the top to keep the growth under control.

Congrats on your beautiful plants.

Reaction score
Theirs is over 6ft, but it's in their conservatory and there is a lot of light and a lot of room to grow! :)

Wow, I hope mine grows to be that tall. I have it in a spot that is close to a South facing window, so hopefully it will get plenty of light. My brother has a conservatory and grows lots of plants in there.

This is one of my favorite house plants. I hope to have one soon, like you said earlier they can be costly. If the plant starts to grow to fast for your area you can clip the top to keep the growth under control.

Congrats on your beautiful plants.

Thanks! I don't mind if it gets big, as I have quite a large room, with little furniture. Until now, it looked very bare.

Ask a Question