We have voles!

Reaction score
Our grass has these tunnels all through it. We managed to get rid of the ones under our porch by filling the hole with water then capping off all the entrances and exits. We though it was all over but it looks like they just moved to a new spot on our lawn. We have a puppy and lots of kids that play in our yard so we were hoping to avoid poison. Before we resort to poison are there other ways to get rid of voles?

Reaction score
Good luck! We had them a few years ago and nothing we did got rid of them.. Oh we killed some but before long more had moved in. Since then nothing, they run in cycles I hear.

Reaction score
My neighbor got rid of theirs last year and magically we got them this year. I think they really just ran acrost the street. We are looking into the sonic emiters to see if they do any good. They are a small solar powerd device you stab in the lawn and it is supposed to make this unbearable sound for those little underground critters. We are also going to spray the lawn with peppermint oit. Mice and rats are supposed to be allerrgic to this. Voles are closely related to mice so we thought we would give it a try. Atleast it will smell nice.

They arent killing my grass yet but they leave these tunnels and holes in it. I cant keep up on the filling up of these tripping hazards. I hope they go away over the winter. I understand where they are coming from though. There are houses poping up in every field around us now. They have to live somewhere and we are running htem out of every spot they have. I understand their plight in life but they still arent welome in my yard. lol.

Ask a Question