We are in a Book

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Congratulations! You might want to check the link info. I was immediately asked to make a charitable donation and the page would not allow me to decline or navigate. Finally just closed the tab.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Link works ok for me :)

Nice one Esther :)

I googled myself and found I was in the newspaper last year :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nice, Esther! Amazon link worked fine for me too. So are you treasure hunters as well as gardeners?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
How interesting! What sort of treasure, underwater only or what? I don't know much about it. I know here in the Great Lakes there are still finds being made of ships that have sunk in the last couple hundred years.
Just added that book to my amazon wish list. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations, that sounds very exciting! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
How interesting! What sort of treasure, underwater only or what? I don't know much about it. I know here in the Great Lakes there are still finds being made of ships that have sunk in the last couple hundred years.
Just added that book to my amazon wish list. :)
Yes, it is all underwater treasure hunting. From a ship that sunk in 1600, called the Atocha.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Wow, so do you dive too?
I find this really fascinating!
Its a big system of bringing up items from the deep. We help up in the boat. Its better to have seasoned divers do the diving around all the equipment below. We find items brought up in the sand and help process what is found below. Items from below from all those years cannot survive exposure to the air, it has to go through a process so it is not damaged. Also as it is all historic, all items are numbered and listed.

Reaction score
That is awesome, it sounds like a lot fun indeed! It's good to know we have some really interesting and adventurous folks on here. I might look more into ''treasure hunting'' later, but it indeed sounds like a very interesting activity that can easily be turned into a holiday.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Just checked out the link and it looks interesting. Congrats for being famous treasure hunters! I didn't know people actually took that up as a hobby. It sounds so interesting too!

Ask a Question