Watermelons

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
During what months are watermelons normally ready to pick in Zone 6? My husband shocked me when he came in with a watermelon he had bought off a local grower yesterday. Surprisingly it was perfectly red, sweet and juicy! I did no think watermelons would be ready to pick until at least July.

Reaction score
Country
United States
During what months are watermelons normally ready to pick in Zone 6? My husband shocked me when he came in with a watermelon he had bought off a local grower yesterday. Surprisingly it was perfectly red, sweet and juicy! I did no think watermelons would be ready to pick until at least July.
Most store bought and even market bought watermelons are grown in greenhouses. When you control the environment, you can grow watermelon all year round. According to the thevegtablegarden.info, you should start planting your watermelon from May 10-20 so you still have time. But basically two weeks from you last frost.

Ask a Question