Water gardens - anyone have experience?

Reaction score
Does anyone know what plants would go in a water garden? I am talking about plants that actually grow in water (like water lilies). I would like a variety of looks and shapes. They don't have to be flowering, but some flowering plants (besides water lilies) would be nice.

Does anyone have pictures of water gardens?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Unfortunately I don't have any experience yet but I'd love to have a water garden, I find them the most beautiful. I love ponds and bridges. Here is a beautiful picture:

monteviot_water_garden_600x.jpg

This is a miniature water garden perfect for people who don't have enough space for a real pond:

02.07.09_WaterGarden_01.jpg

Reaction score
I have seen and love water gardens but haven't had any experience with them at all but i'm sure if you should google this topic you'll get lots of great ideas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this link, Kevinkimers. I've just checked it out and I must say that it's really interesting. I didn't know that water hyacinth can be grown in small ponds. I love this plant, it looks absolutely beautiful:

water_hyacinth_farm_pond_plants1.jpg

Ask a Question